IEEE CNS 2022 would like to encourage student participation at the conference and is pleased to announce the availability of NSF travel grant opportunities for US-based students. With the support of NSF, CNS 2022 will be able to partially support the travel, accommodation, and registration costs of student registrants who might otherwise be unable to attend the conference.
All eligible applications will be considered, especially female and under-represented minority students and those who will attend the conference for the first time. We also encourage those who do not have a paper in the conference but wish to attend, to submit a travel grant application. We anticipate funding approximately 15 students at a rate of $1200 per student. The number and amount of awards will be determined based on the available funding and the applications received.
These student travel grants are sponsored by the U.S. National Science. To qualify, a student must be a graduate student studying in an accredited U.S. institution at the time of attending CNS 2022.
Applicants should submit their application as a single PDF file by emailing the Student Travel Grant Chair Dr. Rui Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a title “IEEE CNS 2022 Student Travel Grant Application”.
An application for student travel grant will consist of:
- A request letter from the student or applicant (see below).
- CV of the applicant.
- A supporting letter from the graduate advisor
- Expected expenses (broken down as registration, travel, and lodging). It is anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these overall costs.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The request letter from the student should include the following information:
- Type of applicant (PhD, MS, or undergraduate)
- Number of years that the applicant has been in the current program, and expected date of completion of degree
- Title and authors of paper presenting at CNS 2022 conference, if applicable.
- A short statement (maximum 250 words) describing briefly why the applicant wants to attend CNS 2022
The advisor's recommendation letter for the student should include:
- Confirmation that the student is a full-time Ph.D., M.S., or undergraduate student in good academic standing at the given institution.
- Explain how this student would benefit from attendance at the conference.
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
- Confirm the financial need for the student to attend the conference
Deadlines and Dates
Review of applications will start on Sep 7th, 2022 and continue on a rolling basis.
Award decisions made to the applicants: Sep 14th, 2022.
Travel grant awardees are required to provide taxpayer information (e.g., SSNs in the US) if applicable and must submit valid receipts for reimbursement after the conference. Only airfare on a US-based carrier will be reimbursed.
If you have a question, please contact the Student Travel Grant Chair, Rui Zhang (email@example.com)